The Resolution Pub Hub
“A Good Cause – and Good for Business”
Resolution Pub Hub is a pub-based initiative to help TA, reservists and former members of the armed forces in the community. The registered UK charity has a network of over 200 therapists that provide help to those suffering from military trauma to reintegrate into normal work and family life.
Resolution Pub Hub’ focuses on pubs as centres of community life. Pubs participating in the scheme raise awareness locally of military PTSD and the charity and help fund-raising, often by organising events. The pubs offer veterans social contact in a sympathetic setting and provide information on local services by Resolution Networks’ trained therapists, as well as services’ charities and organisations interested in providing support.
How you as a publican can help the charity:-
1. Fund-raising for PTSD Resolution - we’ll help you with ideas, leaflets and collection boxes
2. Provide contact details on PTSD Resolution to local services’ veterans amongst customers
3. If you choose, contact local groups and tell them about your involvement - such as Royal British Legion, Lions, Masons, Round Table, Rotary clubs
How participation helps your pub:-
1. Fund raising events increase “footfall” and bar and food receipts
2. We offer free promotion of your pub on the PTSD Resolution web site and to our network of supporters. Plus there may be local media opportunities for you.
3. Military PTSD is an increasingly popular cause, with many supporters amongst the public
We know you are busy, so you can be involved as little or as much as you want. Just put a couple of our collection boxes on the bar - or help to raise additional funds by organising entertainment – or contact local fund-raisers, such as Rotary club. We re always here to provide help and advice.
Next steps for you:-
- Register: please register your pub with us (it’s free) at www.ptsdresolution.org/pub_register
- Response: We will contact you to confirm your registration and arrange the following to be sent to you: Posters, leaflets, contact cards, collection boxes. If you have questions, please contact us on 0300 302 0551 email@example.com
- Contact your local PTSD Resolution therapist: we can supply you with details, if you don’t have them already
- Promotion: when you receive your leaflets, posters and collection boxes, please place in bar areas. The more you promote the cause, the more you can benefit
- Charity payment: please collect funds from the collection boxes and pay by cheque to PTSD Resolution.
Send to: PTSD Resolution, Meadow Cottage, Poundfield Rd, Chalvington, HAILSHAM BN27 3TH.
Or pay on-line: Barclays Bank, Account 13056716, Sort: 20-49-76, IBAN: GB12 BARC 2049 7613 0567 16, BIC: BARCGB22
More ways you can help, and benefit:-
Web site: Please promote us on your web site.
Fund-raising events: You might want to start with a customer darts tournament, sponsored walk or run – or even a fire-walk. Please check our web site or contact us for further ideas
Special Days: Useful dates for fundraising.
Royal British Legion please contact your local RBL (and County organisation) and let them know that you are participating: often they can help you in fund raising and raising awareness amongst veterans and their supporter groups.
Contact Community groups: please contact your local community charity fund raisers – such as Lions, Masons, Round Table, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce
Who are PTSD Resolution?
PTSD Resolution is Registered Charity No. 1133188. It was created to meet the need for treatment of Veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress. The conventional path to treatment, via GPs, the NHS, is not enough to meet demand, is too slow, inconvenient, and often ineffective.
What does the charity actually do?
PTSD Resolution has over 200 trained therapists around the country, able to deliver therapy quickly and effectively, and at no cost to the sufferer. There is a Resolution Network therapist near you and we’d like to introduce you, to explain more fully who we are and what we do
What do you want me to do, as a publican?
We need your help in fund raising. We can deliver free treatment only if we have funds to pay the therapists. Each treatment costs about £550. Also, much can be done, more effectively, at local level: treatment needs to be given in conjunction with practical, social help.
We know that the Pub is where people go for companionship and enjoyment. From the experience of Jim Woolley, the first Resolution Pub Hub, sufferers can be helped locally - and trade can be increased. It’s a good cause and good for business.
Who do I contact?
Our Administrator, details below. She will send you an initial pack. Anything she cannot deal with, she will refer to the charity Trustees.
PTSD Resolution: 0300 302 0551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here to become part of the Resolution "Pub Hub"