Celebrating 10 years of outstanding service delivery to Veterans, Reservists and Families.
Theme: “ ‘Complex’ Recovery” - there’s more to therapy than talking
The PTSD Resolution biennial conference is an educational and networking resource primarily for Human Givens therapists. It is an opportunity to find out the latest developments in therapy and support for veterans, reservists and their families.
Therapists from other disciplines and sectors; those working with other forces’ charities and support organisations; and people interested in perhaps volunteering to work in the sector, are welcome to make a reservation, dependant on numbers.
The theme of our conference this year highlights some of the complexities in delivering therapy.
What are the factors in ‘complex’ PTSD?
What are the pros and cons of medication?
How does nutrition compare with medication, and what are the recommendations of use?
You will hear from four Veterans who have recovered; four Human Givens therapists who will recount lessons learned.
You will also hear the latest strategic position of PTSD Resolution and the latest report on evidence of results.
It is also of course an excellent opportunity to network and catch up with friends and colleagues.
The programme is outlined as follows:
1000 Welcome, Introduction, and strategic position – Tony Gauvain
1015 Pragmatic Tracker and update on Evidence - Bill Andrews
1045 'Complex' PTSD – Jenny Edwards
1145 Case study - Fiona Sheldon and recovered client and partner
1230 Medication – Marion Brown and recovered client and partner
1345 Nutrition – Mary Strugar and recovered client and partner
1430 Case study – Philippa Decker and recovered client and partner
1545 Better Stop Suicide App
1550 Survey results, new survey, Rapport – Piers Bishop
1700 Closure – Piers Bishop
SOME FEEDBACK COMMENTS from earlier Conferences
• Thoroughly enjoyed the day – extremely useful hearing personal perspectives.
• Really good to hear more about families.
• Great conference, really useful. Loved hearing from people treated and families- very powerful and we don't often hear the after-story.
• Very interesting day, great to hear from PTSDR clients, good to connect with other attendees. All good speakers.
• Good range of speakers. Excellent to hear from clients in the room.
• Really enjoyed the day overall, good speakers and great to have update on Pragmatic Tracker.
• Good to hear from veterans who have accessed the charity.
• Really interesting, helpful and encouraging. Thank you.