Press Release: "CSR and The Armed Forces Covenant: Organisations' Responsibilities"
The Armed Forces Covenant is a commitment by public and private sector organisations to support those who have served in the UK armed forces. It should be a key part of every director's CSR (Corporate & Social Responsibility) programme.
PTSD Resolution is a leading charity supporting the mental welfare of Forces' Veterans, Reservists and their families in fulfillment of the Covenant. Businesses and individuals can work with the charity to meet CSR responsibilities - as well as help staff with mental welfare issues and support a great cause.
PTSD Resolution provides resolution of the symptoms of mental trauma in close to 8 out of 10 cases on average, where both the Veteran and therapist confirm that no further support is required, with over 2,500 referrals to date. Help is free, compassionate and local, provided through a national network of accredited therapists.
How to get Involved
Companies and other organisations are often looking for a worthy cause to support - a registered charity doing a great job, with proof of the effect it is having in helping disadvantaged or injured members of the community.
Working with PTSD Resolution will meet CSR requirements; also support for the charity offers a team building opportunity for staff fundraising, and an interesting theme for conferences and other corporate events.
Working with You
There are many opportunities to help PTSD Resolution. Companies can simply donate funds or actively work as a charity partner. PTSD Resolution has a wealth of experience in working with organisations in security, banking and finance, entertainment, ICT, retail and other sectors.
Here is how you can help:-
• Charity of the Year – nominate PTSD Resolution and the charity will help promote your involvement, in your communications and events and also to its several thousand followers on social media
• Staff fundraising – PTSD Resolution has great promotional ideas and material, including T-shirts and flags. The charity organises participation in marathons and other events
• Conference speaker – we can provide interesting content, whether delivered by a Veteran or Therapist on the issues of mental health
• Trauma Awareness Training (TATE) – half-day courses on how line managers and HR personnel can recognise the symptoms of trauma, both in the case of Veterans and other staff
Benefits of Working with PTSD Resolution
1. Make a difference: we have full evidence available of the impact and benefits of PTSD Resolution therapy for Veterans
2. Ideal for Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes
3. Team development: your teams working together voluntarily to help a great charitable cause
4. Helping the Veterans amongst your staff to recognise and deal with trauma - see TATE training above
5. Mental health is a key area of responsibility for all employers. PTSD Resolution offers you access to expertise nationally on the symptoms and treatment of mental health issues.
For further information: www.ptsdresolution.org